Family Estate Planning Lawyer Services
Creating an estate plan that addresses your assets, family relationships, and future goals is a very personal process. One set plan will not work for each family. We find helping families create individualized estate plans to be a very rewarding process. We get to know your family, your needs, and your aspirations. We help you establish an estate plan that preserves your vision of your family and your future.
Contact Stacey to schedule an appointment to discuss your estate planning issues. We represent clients in Overland Park and throughout Northeastern Kansas.
Estate Planning for Parents and Families
We work with clients to establish wills and trusts that address their personal and financial concerns. We have the skill and intuition to help you create effective solutions that meet your needs, such as:
- Last will and testament: A will clearly explains your wishes for distributing assets to loved ones, creates trusts, and establishes a guardianship or conservatorship for minor children or family members with special needs.
- Living trust: A living trust protects your assets during your lifetime and transfers assets to your family directly.
- Trust: A trust can hold assets for minor children, provide funds for future education, distribute assets over time, or distribute assets when an adult child reaches a specific age.
- Special needs trust: A special needs trust can provide assets for disabled adult children or other special needs family members without jeopardizing government benefit eligibility.
- Advanced directives: Advanced directives set forth your views on end of life decisions (living will) or enable a loved one to manage your future personal and financial needs should you become incapable of managing them on your own (powers of attorney).
Importance of Proactive Family Estate Planning
Many couples hesitate to start estate planning early in life, feeling that it is too early, daunting, or expensive. We emphasize that it is never too early to start planning, especially when minor children are involved and that failing to plan will likely be far more expensive.
We simplify the process by explaining the options to you and offering advice about what may better suit your needs. This enables you to make informed decisions about how to achieve your goals.
Contact Stacey for compassionate and experienced guidance in creating a plan to protect your family.